Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Little Night Context

While making out with her boyfriend, a girl tries to maintain conversation, as she has discovered that he seems more willing to tell her interesting things when the two are in the midst of a make out session.

"You don't tell me things. I can see that you're thinking something, what are you thinking?" He looks her straight in the eyes, just after she's had her fifteenth, "Tell me that you love me!!" thought of the evening.

Of course, she doesn't tell him.

"Look, I think things, too. It's not just you."

Kiss kiss kiss

"What do you think, then?"

"Well, I'm thinking, I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really like her, and does she like me? I kiss her, and sometimes she pulls away. How does she really feel about me? It's a mess!"

"Oh." And on the inside she says, "How do I feel about you?! I FREAKIN' LOVE YOU!"

More making out, more giggles out loud...

"So, do you really worry about whether or not I like you?"

"No, I know you like me. That was just an example."

A looooong pause, as she rests her head on his chest and contemplates her next move. "How do you know I like you?"

"Well, your whole face lights up when you see me. And the way you say, 'Hi," and your voice goes up. I can tell."

"Ah."

He starts to drift off to sleep. She drifts in and out. "But you really, really, really, really, really like me, then?"

"Uh-huh."

"Okay."

Then, it's time for sleep, but she's getting a bit loopy, as she often does right before drifting off, "I better go to sleep before I say something I shouldn't."

"Wait, what?!"

"I have to stop talking now."

"What would you tell me?" He's wide awake now.

"Something that I shouldn't."

"Why can't you tell me?" He's genuinely curious and intrigued.

"I just can't yet."

This goes back and forth, with him unsuccessfully trying to convince her to blurt out whatever it is she's holding inside.

She drifts off to sleep, thinking, "You really, really, really, really like me, but do you love me? It would be so much easier if you said you loved me."

But before she can do anymore thinking, she's fast asleep, nestled against his chest, feeling secure, warm and, dare she think it, loved.

1 comment:

Tom Bailey said...

You can definitely write. This is a very interesting way of looking at things.

http://sms100.blogspot.com/